Your club can sponsor visually-impaired students in the Lions Clubs International Essay Contest!
The contest is open to students who are considered visually impaired according to their national guidelines, and will be 11, 12 or 1 3 years of age on November 15, 2020.
Eligible birth dates are November 16, 2006 through November 15, 2009. One grand prize winner will receive an award and US$5,000.
The contest theme is “Peace Through Service.”
- Only a Lions club can sponsor the con The contest may be sponsored in a local school or organized, sponsored youth group,or individuals may be sponsored as well.
- Essays must be no longer than 500 words, submitted in English, typewritten in black ink and double spaced.
- Each essay must be submitted with a completed entry Essays submitted without completed entry forms will be disqualified.
- Only one entry per student per year, and each entry must be the work of only one student.
- Essay entries cannot have already been published.
- Any essays found to be plagiarized will be disqualified, and the student will be prohibited from entering any future Lions